Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fear

This was something I wrote after I finished watching the Green Lantern this past Thursday.


It only overcomes me when I do what I am suppose to. I could ask why, but I am fully aware of the answer. For too long I habituated myself to accept it, but I refute it's presence. It will not take a hold of me this time. What are you saying? Why would you tell me anything different from what I know and believe? Yes, I made a mistake, but that does not give you the right to control me. You have dictated my life for far too long; it is time that my will shine through, or should I say His will. I have been running away from you too long. I am no longer afraid. What you did to me was unforgivable, and if I ever have to sink that low into my own self-pity and despair, I will know exactly what do to do. I will admit it to myself and anybody else who chooses to listen. Most of them will not, but that will not stop the inevitable. I was blessed with this gift, this talent. The habit was developed quite some time ago, but now I recognize the habit, and I will muster all of my strength to cultivate it as I need to.

Courage in the face of the unthinkable. With no one to guide other than Him, how will you react to the deception? Just as I always have, with diligence and persistence of action. Even if I choose the wrong path, I will not avoid the ensuing consequences. I have been wrong before, too often to be honest. But I will not remain stagnant. Stagnation only increases your power as my continuous stream of thoughts devour my ambition and ability to conquer. The truth of your strength has been revealed to me. It is not easy for me to admit when I need help, but I now know that there will be someone there to guide me to the right path. It might take longer than I originally intended, but I know that patience and understanding will give me the strength to endure. There have been so many before me that defeated you, and I will surely not be the last. The limits of your power have been exposed, and your dominion is being eradicated gradually. We cannot do it all at one time -- hasty solutions do not solve century long issues. We will wait, and we will act. It is our turn to change the world, and this time our efforts will succeed and stand the hands of time.

Can you not hear my voice? It is this the voice of billions. Our voices are united. We have come to understand the roots of division, and our awareness gives us greater perspective to see through and past the deception. Another verse is unnecessary because we all know who is the deceitful adversary...

No comments:

Post a Comment