Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yet Another Connection

Sometimes I just sit and wonder...

On more occasions that I want to admit, I just do not take the time to write about what I am thinking, I am ashamed to say that, but it is the truth. Rather than dealing with the emotions of a certain event, especially those associated with the present, I contemplate, letting my thoughts flow like a mystic stream in a land of nothingness that is pristine in nature, but full of desire, want, and corruption. I apologize for the the abstract description, but, to me, it is what I consider to be most natural. I do not like to describe things in any ordinary or mundane way, that bores me. I like to live life high, no, not under the influence of marijuana, but from the beauty and passion that is contained within my life and those around me. That is what gives me the greatest joy, and when I take time to illustrate my thoughts, I do not believe that it is appropriate to relegate such knowledge to the ordinary and mundane fields of existence. By doing so, I feel as if I am limiting my potential as a human being. Personally, I do believe that we were made in God's image, and because of this truth, there are certain modes of existence that are infinite in theory. I do love theory -- it is positive to think about what could or could not be, but what about taking action to turn certain theories into reality? A lot of people talk about what they should or wish they could do, why not do it? What is there to be afraid of?

I have a mentor that once explained to me the concept of fear. And though I do not remember the explicit details of his theory, the point was clear: There is nothing to fear than fear itself. What is fear? Good question, fear is nothing more than what your mind conceptualizes as a hindrance to being or becoming the person that you want to be. As Descartes once explained, the will is an infinite quality of human existence. Our understanding is not infinite, but only because we lack certain experiences to dictate the best courses of action in unfamiliar situations. When this occurs -- when we honestly do not know what to do in a given situation -- fear presents itself. Instead of taking the action necessary (and yes, I am guilty of this as well, but I try my best to recognize the fear and conquer it) to bring about our desired results, we recoil and develop as many excuses that we can think of to disprove the potential of our plan of action. Taking time to think and reflect on past experiences is positive, let me make that point clear, but when positive thinking does not lead to positive action, we limit our ability to achieve the greatest level of connectivity imaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment