Thursday, June 23, 2011

Love Sharpens

This is a poem I wrote to a friend today; it was an attempt to discover what it means to say that distance sharpens love...


When we are together are souls are connected as one, I lose myself within your smile and I am reassured that everything is going to be alright. Your touch sets my soul on fire, I know that giving myself over to the flesh is wrong, but it feels so right with you. Focus. But now you are about to leave, why will you not stay with me? I thought that our love was true, but maybe I was deceived. I miss you already and yet you are still right in front of me. Focus! The pain is unbearable, we are now seperated and there is nothing that can guide us other than pure emotion. You are alone, I am alone, but we are still together. When I peer into the night sky, I see you as the bright and shining that stands alone, brighter than all the rest. My love for you is never quite adequate and the distance only increases the pain. Your touch is what I yearn for more than anything, but I know that I cannot have it. Our love is sharpened. Each day it improves, but only when we see each other again do I know its true. Each day is proof that we are meant to be together, but until I can feel you next to me, the pain of what I feel for you will only continue to increase. I love you more than you will ever know, but I know that this is the time for our love to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment