Friday, August 19, 2011

Thoughts

I did this once before when I was trying to fall asleep -- articulating my thoughts -- but right now I feel that time has to come to do so once more.

1. I love my family. All of what I am and have become is a result of the love and support that my family has given me.

2. Home is where the heart is. This is a proverbial saying, I know, but it is one that I have come to understand the meaning and value of. After conquering what I deemed as the Summer of Truth, being home has allowed me to synthesize my thoughts. and now I have a much clearer understanding of where I've been, where I am, and where I am going.

3. Nelson Mandela's story epitomizes the strength of the "struggle" -- the oppressed versus the oppressors. There are a number of factors that hinder the people from achieving the desires of the heart, but with strong and durable leaders, like Mandela, anything is possible.

4. Education enhances life experience, and as a result, I have determined that I will complete my phd -- I am still unsure to the specific field of study that I will pursuit, but by the time I am 30, I am hoping to have the privilege to be addressed as "Dr. Michael Roulhac."

5. The world is an evil place, full of corruption, deceit, and lies, but it is this type of mindset that limits our progress as a people. If we want the world to be a better place, we must affirm all that is right within the world. I am still convinced that there is more good in the world than there is evil.

6. I have learned to habituate myself to the effects of motivation. I am inspired by certain people, places, or events or semi-consistent basis, but after the euphoria of the moment dissipates, I used to loose the motivation needed to actualize my potential -- not any more. Daily motivation is what I live for.

7. I am so disgusted with our political system. This is a obvious statement, but party alignments have taken precedence over the needs of the people. The people are the backbone of this country, and if their needs are not addressed but rather an ambiguous ideal of what it means to be Republican or Democratic, we have officially have a problem.

8. I am leaving for South Africa next Wednesday. I have immersed myself in cultures drastically different from the one I am accustomed to, but all of these have been under the umbrella of American ideals. South Africa will be a completely new experience, one that will expand my understanding of self and the world. I can't wait.

9. Relationships are the foundation of the society. We are relational creatures, so I firmly believe that the more healthy relationships one has, the higher sense of worth, fulfillment, and love they will feel.

10. Love cannot be measured, it just is.

No comments:

Post a Comment