Wednesday, August 10, 2011

We Are One

A poem that I wrote some time ago, but given the motivation and inspiration I received from people, such as Colin Powell, Steve Forbes, and Bill Cosby, today, I feel that it is an appropriate time to post it. Plus, I have not posted enough poems. I have somewhat lost my muse to write poetry, but I am sure it will return soon enough. And when it does, you will know this time around. Peace.


(03.05.11)

I just don't understand why my heart cries out so fiercely. I am I addicted to the pain? No, but the pain is necessary. It is a necessary cause of action for an unwanted and destructing vice.

I cannot help but to fall in love. If I see something I want, I pursuit it. The devil does not want me to have the desires of my heart. He would rather deceive me with bodily pleasures, but he cannot. What he does not realize is that with experience comes understanding.

But I was foolish. My heart was not happy, it was in pain, excruciating beyond measure. But I deceived myself. I mistook the pain for pleasure. We all do. The heart does not desire what will only work to destroy it. The heart seeks fortification, so let us fortify. We shall not succumb to the lies, the deceit, and the ensuing transgressions. Such courses of action will remain incommensurate to who and what we are. We are human first, and the only real communication that we are afforded is that of the heart, our spirit, our essence, our being. We are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment