Monday, August 22, 2011

Will You Help Me?

It is sad that I have to leave home so soon, but I know that the adventure that I am about to embark will be well worth it...

As I sit in the computer and contemplate, I am immediately frustrated by all that is needed to be a functional human being in society, let's say, a car for instance. Currently, my cousin (who I love dearly) is using my vehicle, but his phone is dead, and we are unable to contact him. As a result, I am unable to complete certain tasks in the order that I felt was most appropriate. And then I thought to myself about how many other people do not have a car, and, in most cases, have to resort to public transit. But what about those who do not have access to public transit or are unable to obtain "a ride" from one of their friends? This is confounding to me. It is almost impossible to get things done if one does not have transportation. But of greater concern is the fact that stagnation begins to replace action, limiting one's sense of accomplishment.

When my plans were fuddled, my immediate reaction was to do nothing. I just wanted to sit down and relax, which is fine because I do not have that much to do. But if my whole day would have been centered around whether or not I could go to one place to the next, on time, I am sure the effects would have been a lot worse. Doing nothing for a few hours is okay, but such behavior can be very detrimental to one's life if doing nothing all day for long stretches of a time becomes habitual. It is hard to break a habit, and if one is accustomed to not having to do anything, it will certainly take a considerable amount of time before that person is fully functional again.

With that said, I feel that people who are unable to procure work or do anything productive during the day are treated as outcast. It takes time to break habits. I would not expect for somebody who was recently released from prison to have their entire life together within a few weeks, or even months for that matter, that is expecting too much. I try my best to do the right thing as much as possible, but even I need an encouraging and uplifting message that will inspire me to do better diurnally. Nobody is perfect. We all need help, so today I am making it a prerogative to help as many people as I can.

And wouldn't you know, my cousin has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment